Religion is Man seeking God. Christianity is God seeking Man.
God seeking Man: A sinner's travels is the struggles of a Christian in the world. I hope my experiences brings light into your life. I was blind yet I had sight. Then, I found Jesus and everything changed. I was awaken from a long sleep to face the realities of a broken world.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Justice or Fairness Mr. Police Officer

As I was driving home from work, I stopped at a traffic light. I saw a vagabond on the side of the road. The man looked hungry and I had an orange, a can of almonds, and some water. Without hesitation, I grabbed the bag and waited until I was next to him. He looked up and rapidly grabbed the bag thanking me. The second stop light came on. I looked behind the mirror and the vagabond was drinking the water and eating the nuts. Right then, I decided to go to Subway and buy him a combo. I was thinking to myself what an opportunity to show the church of Christ. Not because I wanted God's favor. But because my heart felt compassion for the man. Nobody knew what I was doing. Just me and God. Thereafter, I went back and I had to park my car and walked across the main street. As I approached the place where He was standing, I noticed a police car. I approached the patrol car. Suddenly, the officer inside the vehicle shout what do you want in an rather abruptly and despot voice. I said to the police officer that if it was OK for the vagabond to eat the food I bought for him. To my surprise, the officer replied NO. I was taken back for the way he was addressing me. I asked Why not? The officer replied because I am taking him in. Then, I said are you going to feed him later? The officer abruptly said NO. Thereon, the officer asked me to leave in a tone of OTHERWISE.

I was absolutely taking back from the situation but calm and peaceful inside knowing that God was with me. Next, I felt like speaking the truth to the police officer. These words came out of my mouth: Have some conscious!. I could hear the vagabond saying thank you in the background.Then, I turned around and started walking back.

As I walked back to my car, few things came to my mind. First, I knew that behind all of this rejection was the enemy. Second, I did what it was right. Third, I was thinking this officer, that is representing the people, had no compassion in his heart. I understand he had to abide to the law but the law without compassion makes you a tyrant. Compassion is love.

Justice without love is unfair
Justice with love is fair
Life without love is obscurity
God is Love

Mr police officer from the City of Jacksonville Police Department, your justice is limited because you lack the notion of love. You are unfair. You could had let the vagabond eat his food and then take him in. Rather, you let your selfishness get the worst of you. I hope my words recon in your soul and may be reflect in the opportunity you could have next time to make a difference. The vagabond in the street needed your help not your law. One day, that could be you or your family members. I hope the light of God touches your heart and know that God already forgave you. We need justice with love. I will pray for you and the vagabond.

No comments:

Post a Comment